We invite authors to submit their abstracts of scientific papers for presentation during the ASM.
Abstracts may be submitted in the following categories:
- Poster presentation (case report)
- Poster presentation (study)
- Oral free paper presentation (case report)
- Oral free paper presentation (study)
Eligibility criteria: All healthcare professionals and students (including allied health workers) may submit under this category.
There will not be a physical poster gallery on-site. Instead, posters will be available for viewing in electronic form on this website. This will go live on the first day of the conference and will remain till 11 August 2019. Delegates will be given the password for access.
Oral free papers
Eligibility criteria: Only dermatology trainees (any nationality) may submit under this category. DSS views this as a forum for residents to practice their public speaking skills.
Oral free papers will be presented over 2 sessions during the meeting. There will be a prize for the best presentation in each category.
As number of slots are limited, only the best abstracts will be shortlisted for oral presentation. The rest will instead be accepted as posters, if deemed suitable.
Selection of abstracts
The deadline for submission is 17 May 2019.
The organizing committee will review all abstracts for suitability for presentation. The committee’s decision regarding abstract acceptance and form of presentation is final.
Authors will be notified of the results by 14 June 2019.
- Abstracts must be typed and submitted in UK English.
- Abstracts should be no longer than 350 words.
- Review articles will not be accepted.
- Published material should not be submitted. It is acceptable if material has been submitted for publication but not published before the date of the DSS ASM.
- Abstracts will be reproduced exactly as submitted. No changes will be made after the submission.
How to submit
Proof of traineeship status (e.g. letter from their institution) is required for international dermatology trainees submitting for oral free paper presentation.
Email all the above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Format of abstract
- CAPITALIZE the entire title and the author’s name. The author’s name and affiliated institutions with city and country should be written in separate lines. Underline ONLY the presenting author’s name. Omit degrees, titles and full address.
- Use TIMES NEW ROMAN FONT SIZE 12 and justify the text.
- The use of standard abbreviations is desirable. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parenthesis after the full word, the first time it appears.
- Use numerals to indicate numbers, except to begin sentences.
- Structure your abstract in the following subheadings (not applicable to case reports):
- Introduction and objectives: a sentence describing the purpose of the study
- Materials and methods
- Results: summarize your results in a logical sequence
- Conclusions: emphasize new and important aspects of the study and conclusions that are drawn from them.
- Single space all typing.